I Need help with my Rpi2

First of all, i am sorry for my bad english :).
I worked with the rasp for a year without any problems.
I installed the openelec on it, and everything worked just fine, but now i am trying to run it, and its not working, i reinstall a few times a few diffrent os, but non of them worked.
I can see that the leds flashing correctly but no picture on the tv. The tv works fine with this rasp before, so i dont think its the tv issue, and i dont have another one to check either.
I manage to see it only through external software on my laptop.
Is there someone here that can help me with this?
I dont have another tv or raspberry to compare, i am from sydney if anyone can help me with this, its going to be great :slight_smile:

Already tried to change the settings to force hd and all this stuf.

Check that the correct HDMI input is selected on the TV menu.

The TV HDMI input may have locked up. Unplug the TV from power and everything for 30 seconds and then plug it back in. That will fix a temporary lockup.

The TV HDMI input or the Raspberry Pi 2 may have suffered permanent electrostatic discharge damage. This can take weeks or months after a discharge. You can verify that with another HDMI source, or another TV. Yes, if you don’t have another one, you can’t easily test that. Find a friend or relative. :grin:

The HDMI cable may have developed a fault. Try reversing the HDMI cable. Make sure it is plugged in. Try changing the HDMI cable for another one.

I tried it, but still nothing.
I can see my laptop when i connect it to the same hdmi cable, but not the openelec on the pi.
How to determine that i have bad hdmi plug on the pi?
Any other options?

I would go back to basics, and install N00bs on a separate sd card. Does the Pi boot with a N00Bs installed?

Prepare or purchase a N00bs SD card

To prepare a blank SD card you must ensure that it is correctly formatted

I would then download a fresh offline version of N00bs

Copy the files to your SD card

and then try and boot.

I tried it, but still nothing.

Not sure what you tried, sorry.

I can see my laptop when i connect it to the same hdmi cable,

That’s good. By doing that, you’ve eliminated the TV HDMI input and the HDMI cable as likely causes of the problem. That leaves the Raspberry Pi or OpenELEC.

but not the openelec on the pi.
How to determine that i have bad hdmi plug on the pi?

What Nick says is a good plan; try with NOOBS, and that will help to exclude OpenELEC.

Any other options?

As I said before, try testing the Raspberry Pi with another television. Try reversing the HDMI cable end for end. Make sure it is plugged all the way into the Raspberry Pi.

Don’t just stop pushing because you feel a little bit of resistance, make sure the connector goes fully into the socket, by looking at the socket air vent holes. If you are using a non-standard case check to make sure the connector body isn’t being blocked by the case, because that may prevent the contacts from mating.

Otherwise the next steps for a really technical person involve an HDMI breakout cable, good test instrument and kernel driver debugging to figure out if one of the HDMI pins is broken, or a port pin on the CPU is damaged.

Also, you might borrow someone else’s Raspberry Pi or get another one, just to make sure a firmware update on your television hasn’t made it incompatible with the Raspberry Pi.

Permanent electrostatic discharge damage is still a possibility. If you can’t be sure you’ve followed good practice since the Raspberry Pi was purchased, then you or someone else may have damaged it. Really easy to do, especially on a dry day.

The NOOBS didn’t worked :frowning:
I tried another tv with working hdmi cable, still no picture.
I forget to mention on my post that my tv did recognize when i connect the rasp.
So i think that it also elimnate the hdmi port on the rasp,no?
I think my only option is to check with another working pi, anyone can help me with that?

The NOOBS didn’t worked :frowning:
I tried another tv with working hdmi cable, still no picture.

Excellent, you’ve pretty much eliminated every possible cause other than a damaged Raspberry Pi HDMI output. Do you remember doing anything that might have damaged it?

I forget to mention on my post that my tv did recognize when i connect the rasp.
So i think that it also elimnate the hdmi port on the rasp,no?

No, not really. The HDMI cable carries several signals. Recognition can happen without all the signals. But recognition is only first step; also required is transmission of image. Sounds like the signals for transmission of image may be damaged. (e.g. you have pins 15 and 16 present and working for DDC, but some of the TMDS pins may not be working. See the pinout.)

I think my only option is to check with another working pi, anyone can help me with that?

You might drop in to one of the Sydney hackerspaces and ask.

Or buy another one and test it.

Here’s my 2 cents.

You could also try the analogue video out via the audio jack.
In saying that have you checked raspi-config. (A new install should have fixed the settings as a possible cause but it is good to check anyway).

Well 2 cents won’t buy you much these days.