Is my keyboard broken?

I am trying to work out if the new keyboard I received is broken or is it a configuration error.

I am new to Raspberry pi and my Unix knowledge is very dated.

I have recently taken delivery of a Media Centre Kit, which included a anko keyboard and mouse.

I am having issues with the keyboard

I have connected the Bluetooth OK,

The keyboard is very slow to respond, if it responds at all, I push a key and sometimes the character will appear, most times not.

On a couple of occasions I typed 4 characters and waited about 30 seconds, and then the text appeared.

On a large number of times I have typed a couple of characters, and the keyboard keeps repeating the last character (for ever)

The mouse works fine, so in that sense the Bluetooth is working

I initially plugged in a USB keyboard and that worked fine.

I am not sure where to go to from here.

Regards
Brian

Hi Brian,

Thanks for letting us know!

Could you please post an image or video of the problem you are describing so we can take a closer look and trouble-shoot.

If it is a hardware issue, you are welcome to send through an email for a replacement.

Cheers,
Cherie

Hi Cherie,

Thanks for the reply.

Yesterday I connected the keyboard to my WIndows 10 laptop, and it worked fine.
So this morning I spend rebuilding a new download of OS on a new SD, connected the keyboard and mouse and they appear to be working fine.

So the problem has gone away for now, I’ll be in touch it it reoccurs.

Regards
Brian

Hey Brian,

Thanks for the update and it’s great to hear that the issue has been resolved.

Feel free to get in touch if it reoccurs!

Cheers,
Cherie

Hi all,

The problem returns on my new install after KODI was installed.
I uninstalled KODI and the problem goes away.

What would KODI be doing to cause this?
If I had to guess, I would say something is interfering with the signal from bluetooth before it gets the the keyboard handler.

Cheers
Brian

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the update!

So it seems that the keyboard works but runs into some problems when using KODI.

Which version of KODI was used? https://kodi.wiki/view/Releases

Cheers,
Cherie

I am using Kodi 18.5
Cheers
Brian

Hi Brian,

Hmm strange. There doesn’t seem to be known issues for keyboard support in Kodi 18.5 : https://kodi.wiki/view/Kodi_v18_(Leia)_changelog

My suggestion is to:

Cheers,
Cherie