Monitors for pi project

Hi,

I’ve been doing a bunch of research but would love some advice from you before purchasing some monitors for a video installation I’m creating.

I’m trying to create a multi-screen system to play looped videos and purchased a Raspberry Pi 4 so that I can use the two HDMI ports simultaneously. My plan it to have two monitors connected, with screen mirroring enabled so that a separate video can play simultaneously on each screen.

I’m slightly confused by the amount of options available being a 100% noob with this stuff.

I need the monitor to ideally be between 3.5" to a maximum of 5" to mimic the size of a phone screen.

The screens/Pi will be attached to a custom flat panel and will not need to be mobile.

Can you please advise me on the best monitor/s for my purpose considering I have no experience coding or setting up electronics (but am willing to put in the effort to learn). I’ve narrowed down the options from your catalogue that seem best suited to my needs (along with some questions).

My apologies as I know receiving a message like this may be horribly annoying, but its much less annoying than me trying to explain all this over the phone!

Monitors

From what I’ve read it seems that I can’t use a monitor that plugs directly into the GPIO pins and in the HDMI port simultaneously. Is this the case? Part from this the 5" HDMI Display Backpack seems as though it suits my needs perfectly.

I’m not sure how the following three options connect to the Pi and would need to be advised of anything additional I would need to purchase to get it running:

5" TFT 40 pin Display

5" TFT Raspberry Pi DSI Touchscreen

Hyperpixel 4"Hi Res Display

I’ve seen a few builds using a decoder/breakout along with the screen but I don’t know what it does? Does this enable circumnavigating the GPIO?

TFP401 HDMI Decoder to 40 Pin TTL Breakout

What is the difference between a PiTFT and a non-Pi TFT

3.5" PiTFT Plus for Raspberry Pi

3.5" TFT touchscreen for Pi

And same with the 2.8" screens, the Adafruit PiTFT 320 x 240 2.8 Touchscreen and the 2.8" TFT Touch Display for Raspberry Pi

And that’s all I have. I’m open to other suggestions you think will work that I haven’t listed.

If you could let me know any cables/power supplies etc I would need for the options you recommend I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks so much for your time,

Kind Regards,

Audrey

I’d go with a couple of these:

You’d have to wire up your own 5V power supply for one of them which isn’t too hard!

Cheers,

Marcus