New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Thanks for the reply! I have components on order at the moment (some
arrived today), and I will let you know how I go. I plan to start very
simple (single point to point, on and off for pump, then check range or
LoRa signal, and then add level sensing, etc.) Once I have exceeded the
capabilities of the Gallagher units I am currently using, I will be very
happy. I was most interested to hear of the range you achieved.

I have just joined. As a retired pilot and active in recreational flying I am seeking ways to make flying cheaper. My present project is using a Raspberry Pi 3 as the basis for an Attitude Heading and Reference System (AHRS), essentially electronic aircraft instrumentation. Secondary to this I will be looking at a computer-driven fly-by-light control system aimed at not just cost reduction but also weight reduction and more reliable functioning. Anything I may manage to get up and running will be applicable only to Special and Experimental category aeroplanes.

Hi, my name is Bill. I am retired after 50 years working with computer hardware and IT and C, all the way from second generation solid state computers (discrete components, no printed circuits) to very large, nearly up to date data processing facilities. Also a fair bit of communications thanks to one of our national carriers.
My current interests are in the much smaller smaller side of computing (eg the Atmel attiny range) as well as Arduino and Pi. These are all driven by an interest in the idea of very small autonomous aircraft.
Current project, amongst too many to be really sensible, is a pi desktop to take with me when travelling. I know it has been done many times before and I am greatful for the guidance of those makers (I am not really a Linux person) but I feel I should really find my own way.

Cheers. Bill

Hi,

My name is Jon, I’m a software engineer from Brisbane who’s always been interested in electronics projects, embedded systems, internet connected projects, and data gathering.

I was a PIC tragic for many years (and still dabble with them for fun occasionally), but now I’m playing with Atmel via the Arduino stuff, and other more powerful things like Raspberry Pi’s and my current favourite: Beaglebones.

Just finished a Beaglebone-controlled internet-connected garden irrigation system. Might put something up about it soon, but it’s pretty slack at the moment :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Jon.

Hi Everyone, I’m Kirsten. I am currently working on my Major Design project for my HSC.
I am working on using a BLE Nano device to transmit a signal to the users phone which would then in turn send a message to a family member or friend.
I can see there is a BLE controller app, but it does not seem to have the ability to dial out a number once it receives an action from the BLE Nano. – Would anyone be able to recommended an APP for IOS device to support this feature ?
The BLE Nano that I have purchased is the Redbearlab BLE Nano kit.

@Kirsten, how about either Workflow or Alloy automation apps for iOS in app store? I’ve not tried them myself, sorry.

Thankyou James

I will take a look !

Cheers Kirsten

1 Like

Hi Everyone my name is Simon. I have set myself a very ambitious project in that I would like to scratch build my own quadcopter as one of my passions is all things flight. I currently have gotten my self an Arduino Uno and am teaching myself the basics in the hope that I can use it as the basis of my quadcopter.

I look forward to learning from you all as I have had a look around and have learned so much already just reading the many varied posts from people.

Anyway, I have a lot to learn and am looking forward to the challenge I have set myself and with your help and advice I can make the SGX-1A a reality.

Regards

Simon G

1 Like

Hi Quozl.
Hopefully the author Alan Dean Foster rings a bell

Hi

Was heavily into eletronics when i was younger and did a heap in uni before becoming a sysadmin. Looking to get back into it now, especially how i dont have to build network cpu support logic from 74 series logic. Haha. I used to do C ages ago, but im looking forward to just using circuit python.

cheers
cam

Hi Jake
Get yourself some breadboards and a bunch of hook up wire. It is amazing how often you find a better way to make something once you get it working.
Regards Sean Murray

Hi, I am relatively new to Microbits but am looking at some of the more complex things you can do. I am a trainer of IT students at a trades based school.

The micro:bit is a great platform for doing projects quick. Here a few project ideas:
Physics - measuring velocity
using two break beam sensors connected to the micro:bit you could measure the velocity of a object falling and compare the velocity of two object and one small and realise that the force on the object doesn’t change as it is a product of mass and acceleration Force = Mass * Acceleration

You could also make a smart city with a goal of design a efficient room using one of these micro:bit sensor shields

Hello Community Yurn is my name, i don’t know if this is how i ask / post a question if some one could help me please.

I purchased product LB-LS0007, a 12v 4 channel tx/rx kit from Little Bird but carn’t get the RX to acknowledge the transmitter, i press the only button on the pcb which turns LED2 ''on" but it doesn’t pick up the TX, i’m wondering if the RX is working properly as the instructions say that LED2 is suppose to “flash” while its learning the TX, but it simply stays on for several seconds, & an then turns off. ( I should hear the relays clicking)

can anyone help me please.

Thanks
Ernie.