Xbee shield and sht15 sensor

Hello,

I would like to measure temperature and send these data to another xbee. i do have xbee 2 series ( 2 of them),2 arduino, and one xbee shield. how to connect temperature sensor on to xbee shield (on top of arduino)

Thank you

It depends on which XBee Shield you have, and which Arduino you have.

But in general, connect the temperature sensor to the same pins on the XBee Shield that you would have used to connect the sensor to the Arduino.

For instance, if it were the SparkFun XBee Shield (end of life), the PCB vias (plated holes) next to the connector pins are there so you can wire your sensor to them.

p.s. don’t forget to put your temperature sensor some distance away from the Arduino, XBee, and shield, otherwise it will be warmed and dried by them.

hello,

thank you for your response. you mean plated holes as in the picture (black circle area)

i am very new to Arduino projects. i need to install wind speed sensor as well and send data to another xbee to record data. or i can restrore data on board?

how can i do that?

thanks…

you mean plated holes as in the picture (black circle area)

No, the plated holes near the lower edge of the picture, with white surrounding, numbered 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, and 13. The XBee Shield provides those for any purpose, and your sensor is one of those purposes. You will see how under the red overlay there is a copper link connecting each of these plated holes to the adjacent plated hole which is used to hold the pin header connector.

[picture of stack]

Issues with this picture are;

• the antenna is much too close to the sensor; reducing the RF received power,
  • the sensor is much too close to everything; it will grow warm and make bad data,
  • the solder on three of the sensor board header pins is too shallow; it will break with flexing,

Or perhaps it is just a mock-up.

i am very new to Arduino projects

You might look at a few videos, join a workshop event, or find a hackerspace near you.

And also try simpler projects.

need to install wind speed sensor as well and send data to another xbee to record data. or i can restrore [store?] data on board? how can i do that?

You can store data on board using a microSD card shield. While the Arduino has some very small storage, it is usually not enough for sampling weather data.