Camera Not working

Hi,
I’m very new to Raspberry Pi .
I have installed a pi Camera purchased with my new pi and cannot get it to work. unfortunatley i do not have another Pi or Camera to check which compoenent is at fault.
Steps taken after new install.
Installed Camera making using caution to make sure camera safe from static.
Checked Cable plugged in correct and the correct way round. (Into Camera port behind Ethernet Port)
Updated the Pi to the latest version.
Turned Camera on in Config.
This is what happens from terminal screen.

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ raspistill -o test.img
mmal: Cannot read camera info, keeping the defaults for OV5647
mmal: mmal_vc_component_create: failed to create component ‘vc.ril.camera’ (1:ENOMEM)
mmal: mmal_component_create_core: could not create component ‘vc.ril.camera’ (1)
mmal: Failed to create camera component
mmal: main: Failed to create camera component
mmal: Camera is not detected. Please check carefully the camera module is installed correctly

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ vcgencmd get_camera
supported=1 detected=0

From what I can read online this usually means the camera is faulty?

Is there anything else I am missing?

TCATim

Can you please upload a photo of how it is seated in your Pi?

Cheers,

Marcus

Received a replacement camera and ran through the setup process, activating in the config file but unfortunately the replacement camera came up with the same error. Not Detected.
I have tried with other linux flavors but simply the camera is not detected. I have even upgraded the Pi firmware thinking perhaps that was an issue but it will not detect the camera.

I do not have another raspberry pi handy but working on that. Everything else on the pi operates as expected without an issue.

I have check connection multiple times and found one other user on the internet had the same issue and his was two faulty cameras, could this be possible?

Can anyone suggest another option please.

Given it is two cameras, it is most likely one of these:

• User error with seating the cable.
  • A damaged connector off the Raspberry Pi ( have you tried it on another Pi).
  • Software related?

Can you please upload a photo of how it is seated in your Pi?

Cheers,

Marcus