Products you would like to see on Little Bird in the Future!

So…tell me what products you would like to see up on Little Bird in the future.

Either entire suppliers or individual products - I will do my best to get in contact with the seller and see if we can get some local inventory of them here in Sydney.

Maddy

1 Like

I’ve no idea if your business is expanding to service more of the maker community beyond just electronics, but if you are, then 3D printer filament would be great. I like Esun filament which is a solid mid-level brand that’s affordable and consistent, but Hobby King seems to be the only supplier in Australia, and their postage is not as fast as yours.

2 Likes

Christmas list:

• a Hakko iron that can run on 240V AC 50 Hz,
  • a desktop digital storage oscilloscope,
  • a binocular microscope on a stand,
  • the µCurrent™, because PayPal,
  • magnetoresistive sensors, like hall effect switches but different,
1 Like

I’m currently looking for the Adafruit Bluefruit LE UART Friend - Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE). Some of the rest of this range is stocked, but I couldn’t find this one.

I’m sure other bluetooth modules would do what I want, but I know this one should work for what I want to do.

1 Like

I’m not sure If mentioning another company is against the forum rules,
But Australia’s Hakko re-seller Mektronics is very good value.

@greeg, thanks. Always an issue for businesses who get all their customers together; the customers might find a way around the business. :grinning:

On the other hand, I’m very happy with Little Bird Electronics because they can act as a purchasing agent, and keep my personal details in as fewer hands as possible. A service I’m willing to pay for.

I haven’t seen a myDAQ or Analogue Discovery in many places in Australia. Not sure how good they are or anything, but they are recommended for student use from an online course I am taking.

The st nucleo boards, or any of the cheap mbed variety. Great bang for buck much more capable than the arduino for the same price.
Plus soldering flux! Might be tricky given some are considering hazardous material.

I’m starting to tinker with the Cypress PSoC 5 and PRoC BLE kits. The kits are good value and the chips very powerful and versatile. The IDE (PSoC Creator) is quite impressive good too. It looks like Cypress are quite serious about attracting makers.

I wonder if it might be worth your while stocking or at least supplying these kits. E.g.

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy8ckit-059-psoc-5lp-prototyping-kit

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy8ckit-042-ble-bluetooth-low-energy-ble-pioneer-kit

1 Like

See my latest post on reviewing the press and peel PCB process we all have done at some point. There is a big hint in there.

I’d love to see some 3D printing stuff too!

Can you get more freetronics Ethermegas? nobody seems to have any.

Yes, I agree with Mika.

Soldering Flux!
The most successful soldering I have ever done is with liquid soldering Flux.

I use DCC Concepts, No-clean sapphire flux and Sapphire solder. Both excellent products.

If Little Bird can get DCC concepts soldering products at wholesale and re-sell at the same price (or better) then we can add solder and flux to our next hardware order!

ps. I think DCC get their own brand of products manufactured for them. Maybe you can investigate Little Bird Electronics branded Solder and Flux

Thanks Maddy

1 Like

Thanks everyone for your suggestions so far…I’m certainly looking into them!

What do you think of these guys?

http://shop.wickeddevice.com/

I really like the radios by Wireless Things. They make a bunch of different radios, some in the standard Xbee shape, others in a smaller RFM12B footprint, some with an ATMEGA built in, etc. I’ve used a lot of their different products and they all work seamlessly. They also produce different shields specifically for RPi and Arduino. There aren’t a lot of Australian suppliers so it would be good to have someone who carried their full range.

Some low performance radar modules could be cool to see.

How have you found working with them? They look pretty impressive for the price point, did you get them directly from cypress?

How do you feel about becoming a one stop shop for the maker community? Would love to see supplies like those offered by Inventables.com such as their interesting materials, they have all sorts of weird and wacky materials for cutting with a CNC or using in projects like Radiant Light Film and Carbon Fibre etc as well as all the electronics, hardware and tools you need for CNC and similar machines.

1 Like

I second this, I would really like to see stuff like 3mm ply and cast/sheet acrylic.

A guy at work has done a few useful projects with them. One is a high precision thermometer. Another is a pulser for testing our flow meter product. So far I’ve only played with the capsense kits and the BLE kit.

We bought them for work through Farnell.